Monday, April 21, 2008

Han Solo

Watch your mouth, kid, or you're gunna find yourself floating home. I have something to say about this. There is a significant difference between the episodes I starred in and the ones I didn’t star in. Episodes 1-3 centered in on the teenage 1st love idea, kicked aside themes, and took over my role with Leia (even though I did play a significant role in defeating the Empire and Luke’s daddy). Anakin and Padme’s relationship, if you can call it that, became the story in episodes 1-3 like collateral damage from the obsession the directors had with the new technology of these blue screens and digital animation (watch clip 11 now). They were so focused on the hyped-up technology that the key themes from my episodes (technology versus nature and good versus evil) ended up like C3PO: stupid ideas and themes that have little to almost no relevance in George Lucas’ story. Might I add, Anakin turned to the dark side unlike me, friend of Luke Skywalker, hero of the Rebel Alliance.

No comments: